A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF RIO GRANDE COUNTY, COLORADO, ESTABLISHING CHARGES FOR RESEARCH OF RECORDS AND COPYING FEES FOR DUPLICATION OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS
WHEREAS, various offices and department of the Rio Grande County government received periodic requests for public documents pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) requests; and,
WHEREAS, Rio Grande County incurs an expense in complying with and satisfying CORA requests; and,
WHEREAS, governmental agencies are authorized to pass on the expense of compliance with CORA requests to parties requesting public inspection and/or copying of public documents; and,
WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners has reviewed data provided by the various county offices regarding costs and expenses related to compliance with CORA requests.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Board of County Commissioners of Rio Grande County, Colorado, that:
- The offices and departments of Rio Grande County are hereby authorized and directed to assess and collect the following fees in satisfaction of CORA requests:
- $0.25 per page for each standard size document (8 1/2” x 11”)
- $1.25 per page for each legal size document (8 ½” x 14”)
- $10.00 per page for each document larger than 8 ½” x 14” to 36” x 36”
- Documents larger than 36” x 36” will be charged $10.00/36” x 36” increments.
- $2.00 per marriage license
- When the request for information requires the county staff time to collect, collate, summarize, etc., not merely copying, then an estimated charge will be submitted to the party requesting the information. If the party refuses to pay the research charge, then the requesting party may search the records personally, and if requesting copies pay the above copying charge.
- The first hour of staff time will not be charged. The retrieval and research fee shall not exceed thirty dollars per hour, thereafter.
BE IT ALSO RESOLVED that this Resolution will replace any prior resolutions establishing fees
for research of records and copying charges for duplication of public documents.
THE FOREGOING RESOLUTION was offered by Commissioner Bricker , seconded by Commissioner Davie , and passed on vote of the Board of County Commissioners at a regular meeting of said Board on the 28th day of May, 2014.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
RIO GRANDE COUNTY