Where do I register to vote?
- Voter registrations submitted by mail: Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Voter registrations submitted on-line: Monday, October 28, 2013
- Voter registrations completed in the Clerk’s office: Tuesday, November 5, 2013
What are the requirements to register to vote?
You are eligible to register to vote if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen
- Are 16 years of age, but you must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the election at which you intend to vote
- Are a Colorado resident for at least 22 days before the election at which you intend to vote
- Are not serving a sentence (including parole) for a felony conviction
How do I become eligible to vote?
In order to be eligible to vote, you must register in the county in which you reside. By registering, you declare your residency in the State of Colorado within the County and District of your actual physical address.
When do I vote?
The 2013 Coordinated Election will be by Mail Ballot only. If you are a registered voter, you will receive a ballot at your mailing address beginning October 15. Ballots must be returned by 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 to be counted. Postmarks do not count as received.
You may register to vote, vote in-person, vote on the accessible voting machine, or request a replacement ballot at:
Rio Grande County Annex Building
965 Sixth Street
Del Norte, CO
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. October 28 to November 1
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday, November 2
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, November 4
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 5
You can check the status of your ballot at www.govotecolorado.com. Click on manage my registration and then click verify/update.
For Election Night results click here.
For information regarding the Proposed South Fork Fire Protection District Election including Election Results:
Contact Sue Blair, the Designated Election Official at (303)381-4977 or (303)601-6441.