Where do I register to vote?
2014 General Election
- Voter registrations submitted by mail: Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Voter registrations submitted on-line: Monday, October 27, 2014
- Voter registrations completed in the Clerk’s Office: Tuesday, November 4, 2014
What are the requirements to register to vote?
You are eligible to register to vote if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen
- Are 16 years of age, but you must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the election at which you intend to vote
- Are a Colorado resident for at least 22 days before the election at which you intend to vote
- Are not serving a sentence (including parole) for a felony conviction
How do I become eligible to vote?
In order to be eligible to vote, you must register in the county in which you reside. By registering, you declare your residency in the State of Colorado within the County and District of your actual physical address.
If you are a registered voter you will receive a ballot at your mailing address beginning October 14th. If your mailing address has changed, you can either contact the County Clerk’s office at 719-657-3334 or go to govotecolorado.com.
DROP OFF BALLOT INFORMATION
Voted ballots can be dropped off at the Rio Grande County Clerk’s Office during regular business hours. Ballots can also be mailed using the envelope enclosed with the ballot. Ballots must be received at the County Clerk’s Office by 7:00 P.M. on November 4th. The Postmark does not count as being received.
VOTER SERVICE POLLING CENTER LOCATION
You may register to vote, vote in-person, or vote on the accessible voting machine at:
Rio Grande County Annex Building
965 Sixth Street
Del Norte, Colorado 81132
8:00 to 4:00 October 20-24
8:00 to 12:00 Saturday, October 25
8:00 to 4:00 October 27-31
8:00 to 12:00 Saturday, November 1
8:00 to 4:00 Monday, November 3
7:00 to 7:00 Tuesday, November 4
THIS WILL BE THE ONLY POLLING LOCATION FOR RIO GRANDE COUNTY
The Canvass will be conducted beginning at 8:00am on November 20th.
Your ballot will contain only the Races or Issues on which you are eligible to vote.
You can check the status of your ballot at www.govotecolorado.com. Click on manage my registration and then click verify/update.
For Election Night results click here.
For additional information about Colorado Elections, go to www.MyColoradoVote.com